Saturday, August 8, 2009

Getting Rid of Acne in 12 Steps

I was surfing the net looking for some inspiration when I ran across an article styled 12 Steps to Getting Rid of Acne. For today’s post I fully intended to write about urine as a treatment (I am sure you can understand the natural progression after just writing about chocolate) and was just hesitant about approaching that topic. Americans have enough hang ups and suggesting urine as an acne treatment just seems like something that didn’t quite have the right timing. Hence, my internet escapade, hoping to find something to get me inspired writing about getting rid of acne. Usually a quick look in the mirror will suffice.

Anyway, when I ran across the 12 step meme, for some reason my mind flashed to the actor Robert Downey Jr. and his battle with his addictions that have played out in the media over the years. I was making a connection between a drug rehab program and a regimented approach to acne success. After all these years of struggling with my acne, searching for answers, untold doctor’s visits, phone calls to 1-800 get rid of acne. After all that, the years of wash wash, scrub scrub, how did I miss a 12 step program for getting rid of acne? When I lost my last baby tooth and placed it under my pillow, did the tooth fairy sprinkle me with some sort of witch hazel magical dust that put me in a deep stupor for the last couple of decades? And why now was I being awakened with a Christopher Walken, here’s your dad’s wrist watch moment from Pulp Fiction? I was torn between the two emotions of finally finding the secret for getting rid of acne and what took you so long.

As the digital images danced off my computer screen, my heart began to race. The ideas that acne is an imbalance that occurs internally and is a manifestation externally by the presence of acne were validating my deepest held convictions. If you have known me for anything longer than 5 minutes you would understand how difficult it was for me to contain myself as I read. And wouldn’t be the least bit surprised if you found me screaming at my computer “what are the steps, what are the steps”.

Now just imagine my elation when I discover step 1 to getting rid of acne was keeping your face clean and Castile soap is an excellent choice of product for the task at hand.

Well, now I am in Nirvana. Castile soap is what I’ve used all these years. When I try other products its breakout city for me, so I always return to good old Castile. I don’t remember what lead me to Castile but for my money if you are looking for a quality natural product, this is it.

Step 2 use Scotty’s Acne Face Cream. Uh Oh, this is beginning to sound like an advertisement for a really off brand acne product. This stuff doesn’t appear to be cheap, I’ve never used it and couldn’t comment on its effectiveness but my hopes for finding the 12 step program for getting rid of acne are beginning to fade.

Step 3 is relieving constipation with something called a tree day liquid diet. Now I am really worried. Maybe this is a misprint and it’s a three day liquid diet for getting rid of acne. As I start researching on the internet I begin to realize I’ve run across a PLR article that has been reproduced at a whole lot of sites. I don’t know why I’ve never seen this before but I am sure you can understand how devastated I am.

What started as great hope of discovering something new has turned into a sales pitch for getting rid of acne that doesn’t much materialize past a product someone is pitching? I am now totally devastated and feel cheated. And to think, before I ran across this great idea I was planning on writing on the uses of urine in getting rid of acne; guess that will be my next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment