Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Fighting Acne

It's 5:15 am and I find myself pounding on this keyboard because I can't get the thought of fighting acne out of my head. I don't know why but it is there. That notion that my life has been spent, no not spent. My life has been dedicated to a condition that at times seems to consume my very being. It is sometimes a gig that requires 24 hours a day 7 days a week 365 day a year, that for the most part I have under control. But still it's a fight that can be exhausting at times. I know what a beast this thing has been and usually don't let it get me to the mental point that it has gotten to tonight. But as I work through my thoughts, I am realizing what is really bothering me. It's a realization that for some time now I haven't had an exit strategy for my war. I've been fighting acne for so long that it has become a skin condition that I no longer see as defeating but as one that I keep under control and maintained. I've gotten complacent with winning battles. Comfortable with the troops maintaining an advantage and haven't gone for the kill. And that's what’s got me up. That realization!

My fight with acne is a war and I need to regroup and have the general's marshal up a troop surge so I can win this thing once and for all. I don't want to be complacent and learn to live with acne, no matter how successful I have been. I need to rededicate myself to being rid of this cancer. Have it out of my body completely and accept nothing less than a total victory, which can only be accomplished by getting rid of my acne forever with its total annihilation. No more fighting acne. The solution is curing acne, finding that lotion, potion or pill that will wipe my acne seed from the face of the earth. Why aim for anything less? That will just assure the continuation of the condition. And I am no longer just fighting to fight, I'm fighting to win.

No comments:

Post a Comment